Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sloppy Joes - A Family Tradition

Sloppy Joes are a family tradition in my mom's family. As are get-togethers in parks! And we are preparing to do both this weekend for my graduation party! That's why I'm late posting this week. My mind has been occupied with making lists (both material and mental) and checking them twice! Good grief, how does that jolly, old man do it? ;) Anyway, Sloppy Joes! This is an old family recipe that has shown up to many a Baumgartner family gathering! I hope you enjoy it!


Sloppy Joes
4 lbs. hamburger
14 oz. ketchup 
7 oz. water
1/4 c lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
6 TBSP coconut sap sugar
1 tsp coconut aminos 
1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard 
1/4 c butter
1 medium onion, very finely chopped
4 stalks celery, very finely chopped

Saute hamburger and onion and set aside. Combine all of the other ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the meat and simmer for 4-5 more minutes.


And the Bible verse of the week!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” 
declares the Lord, “plans to prosper 
you and not to harm you, plans 
to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment