Monday, August 18, 2014

The Best Paleo Brownies EVER!

I'm afraid I can't take credit for this one. This work of genius is Tammy Credicott's from The Healthy Gluten-Free Life's cookbook Paleo Indulgences! This was actually one of the very first paleo things that I made and is definitely still a go-to for me! It's always a crowd pleaser! I've made a few changes, but the original was quite amazing the way it was! I've tried several of Tammy's other recipes and they have all been delicious!

Enjoy! And I hope you check out Tammy's blog and cookbooks! (And no, she didn't pay me to say all of that!)


Tammy Credicott's Decadent Brownies
2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
3 TBSP coconut milk (I usually use regular milk)
1/4 c cocoa powder
3 TBSP coconut oil

1/2 c honey (original recipe called for 1/2 c maple syrup)
1/4 c butter or coconut oil, melted (original recipe called for 1/4 c olive oil)
2 eggs
1/4 c pumpkin puree

3 TBSP chestnut flour (original recipe called for 3 TBSP arrowroot)
1/4 c coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

In a small sauce pan over low heat combine the first four ingredients and whisk constantly until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Add the next four ingredients and whisk to combine. In a separate small bowl whisk together dry (the last four) ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8"X8" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment