Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cucumbers & Squash

I already have my tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, and some of my herbs started inside, and the peas, lettuce and potatoes are planted outside. Not all of my lettuce came up(I think we might have planted them a bit early... Oops!), so I'm gonna give some a head-start inside. I'm also planting my cucumbers and squash a few weeks ahead of time so I get an earlier harvest(you never know when the first frost will be in Iowa!).


      Here are the lettuce varieties I am planting. I also decided to plant some lime basil, I grew it last year and I loved it.


I thought these looked really interesting, we'll see how they do.

These look good too, and they have short vines which is perfect because we don't have a lot of space.

These sound really yummy. They keep a long time too, that's good :) 
 These look good too! I tried them last year but they didn't come  up, hopefully they'll grow better this year.

The lettuce will reside in an egg carton until they move outside,   and the cucumbers and squash will be growing in 3 in. peat pots.




Happy growing little seeds!!





No comments:

Post a Comment