Monday, May 28, 2012

Green Peas, Please!

Today I thought I would post one of my favorite summer recipes. I actually got this one from Giada De Laurentiis and put my own spin on it. Pea Pesto sounds a bit strange I know, but trust me, it is fabulous! I love it, and I'm not a big fan of green peas. Since I have limited garden space, so I don't have enough room to grow the amount of peas necessary for the recipe. Fortunately, frozen peas work great.


Pea Pesto
1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (freshly grated, if you can)
1 Tbsp lime basil leaves, (if you don't have lime basil you can use regular basil and 1/2 tsp lime juice, it won't be quite the same but it will still be good)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 c olive oil


Place everything except the oil into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. With the machine running slowly, drizzle in the oil and continue to mix until well combined. 


And there you have it! I like to serve it over pasta, with halved cherry tomatoes, for a quick and easy (and might I add, delicious!) pasta salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment